Re: Octave-maintainers Digest, Vol 86, Issue 83

From: c.
Subject: Re: Octave-maintainers Digest, Vol 86, Issue 83
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 18:25:51 +0200

On 31 May 2013, at 17:52, address@hidden wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 10:04:29 -0500
> From: Ruipeng Li <address@hidden>
> To: Kai Torben Ohlhus <address@hidden>
> Cc: Yousef Saad <address@hidden>, address@hidden
> Subject: Re: GSoC - Incomplete factorization project, ITSOL
>
> Hi, Kai
>
> sure we can talk about it anytime you like and also I can provide you  the
> standalone C code of ILUTP and ILUK.
>

> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Kai Torben Ohlhus <address@hidden>wrote:
>
>> On 05/31/2013 04:32 PM, Yousef Saad wrote:
>>

>>>  Hi,
>>>
>>>  Both Ruipeng  and I will  be able to  help with advice  and guidance.
>>>  For one thing  we have stand-along implementations of  ILUT (+ ILUTP)
>>>  and ILUK  [not available in matlab-  except for ILU0]  which are more
>>>  efficient and  easier to implement  than those you will  extract from
>>>  ITSOL.  I will be fairly available after July 15th.
>>>
>>>  With best regards,
>>>
>>>  Yousef Saad

Hi Kai,

Sorry for getting in touch with you this late, welcome to GSoC and to Octave!

I might have missed a few of your first posts on this list so I'm just checking
in
with you and Nir to know how your first steps are going.

Have you tried building Octave sources yet?
Have you started getting acquatinted with its development environment?
Did you set up a GSoC blog?

Best wishes for your project!
c.