Re: Building on MinGW using MXE-built dependencies [WAS: Re: mxe-install

From: John Donoghue
Subject: Re: Building on MinGW using MXE-built dependencies [WAS: Re: mxe-installer try 2]
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 20:50:26 -0400

Ive been playing with trying to compile using mxe-octave on mingw this weekend: MXE_SYSTEM=mingw MXE_NATIVE_BUILD=yes USE_SYSTEM_GCC=yes

I didn't get far :)

All the build-xxx tools seem to install ok, with the exception of flex, so I skipped it and installed msys-flex.

lapack had issues with not being able to find ar and ranlib - it looks like they need be full _path_ names rather than just the ar/ranlib name in order to be used by cmake - I removed the AR/RANLIB in the mk file.

cmake also kept trying to pull in visual studio stuff even though it wasn't in the path, until I specified -G 'MSYS Makefiles'

For some reason it also wouldn't install the libraries, even though it displayed 'Installing liblapack.dll' etc
I had to add explicit install lines to the mk file in order to install the .dll, dll.a and lapack.pc file.

arpack wouldn't untar due to invalid links in the file - an update to 3.1.3 fixed that (I pushed the change for this)

nettle installed ok

gnutls has issues with not being able to link correctly ith a lot of errors such as undefined reference to gnutls_certificate_get_peers ...
I tried updating to the latest gnutls on the off chance that would help (which then forced an update to nettle) but got the same undefined reference issues.

And that was about as far as I got.