Re: ITSOL interface

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: ITSOL interface
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 11:46:30 +0200

On 06/05/2013 10:17 AM, Wei Jin wrote:
On Wed, 2013-06-05 at 07:48 +0200, c. wrote:
this message from Wei Jin to the maintainers list
was rejected due to its large attachment so I moved it to the
patch tracker :

https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?8068

it might be a good starting point for Kai's project but I'd rather
get rid of the mex files and make use of Octave's C++ API all over.

ilut.cc, iluk.cc are implemented by using Octave's C++ API. other mex
style files are easy to transform to original Octave API version.

Thanks to Wei Jin for his contribution.

c.

Also from my side, thank you very much for your code Wei Jin! I will make use of your interface. For the moment I'm not sure how far I use your preconditioned GMRES implementations, that I'll decide later.

On 06/04/2013 11:58 PM, c. wrote:

> touch ../octave/libinterp/dldfcn/chol.cc
> make
>
> takes about 10s on my system
>
> c.

Pretty nice, this works for me in a minute, too. Haven't expected this!

On 06/05/2013 12:06 AM, c. wrote:
> On 4 Jun 2013, at 18:43, c. <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> 2) There is an advantage in interfacing to ITSOL
>>    rather than including the source code in Octave,
>>    i.e. it will reduce the burden on Octave developers
>>    for maintaining the code at a later time.
>>   So I'd rather not dismiss
> this option before discussing it on the list.
>
> c.

On my way to the Debian/Ubuntu package of ITSOL (http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/itsol) I get faced with an older version (2011-09-11) of Saad's current (2012-10-26) ITSOL package that is unfortunately connected with interface updates (functions were renamed).

Has anyone experience in updating debian packages? I hesitate to annoy the maintainer Dominique Belhachemi with a bug report (because it isn't a bug).

Kai.