Re: Building on MinGW using MXE-built dependencies [WAS: Re: mxe-install

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Building on MinGW using MXE-built dependencies [WAS: Re: mxe-installer try 2]
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2013 18:56:08 -0400

On 06/08/2013 06:48 PM, John Donoghue wrote:

I explictly set the generator output for native mingw when using cmake
as for some reason it keeps on trying to use visual c parts, even if not
installed.

Yeah, I saw the same thing and was looking for a solution when I pulled and updated and saw your changes. So I thought it was fixed, but then it failed for me.

(I really dislike cmake - I guess I havent used it enough)

You are not alone. I doubt that using it more will make me like it more either.

The first lapack update I did would have tried to use msys for any
native build - and also has a typo - it should have been "MSYS
Makefiles" - I fixed that in change set
http://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave/rev/dea92be54fc8

OK, I'll give it a try.

Thanks,