Re: Gui editor settings on MacOS X

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Gui editor settings on MacOS X
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 17:42:58 +0800

On Jun 9, 2013, at 5:01 PM, Torsten wrote:

> On 09.06.2013 05:28, Ben Abbott wrote:
>
>> I figured it out.  I hadn't noticed the vertical_layout_9 object
>> earlier.  The trick is to modify its layoutSpacing from -1 to +4.
>> The resulting dialog is attached (an "hg diff") as well.  The
>> horizontal spacing is a bit tight for the complied result, but the
>> preview in Qt Designer looks great.  So, my impression is that there
>> is  Qt bug (at least for the version I'm running).
>>
>> I'm happy to push a changeset, but thought is appropriate to check
>> with you before doing that.
>
> Ben, thanks for the patch; looks good in Ubuntu, too.
>
> There are still different vertical spaces between the first settings and
> too small horizontal spaces between some elements. Obviously, MacOS X
> handles some default spacings differently. I am going to play around a
> bit and send you a patch for testing.
>
> Torsten

In MacOS X, I also see some differences in the right margins depending upon how
many widgets an object is embedded in.  Unfortunately the variance in right
margin doesn't show up in the preview for MacOS X.  Which makes me wonder if
there are also variances between the preview and what is actually rendered for
other platforms.

In any event, I'll try to construct a clean layout for MacOS X, and email it to
you to check in Ubuntu.  Meanwhile, feel free to email me a layout to test in
MacOS X.

Ben