Re: GSoC Enquiry: Improving binary packaging

From: Lukas Reichlin
Subject: Re: GSoC Enquiry: Improving binary packaging
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 16:27:19 +0200

On 08.06.2013, at 20:17, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:

> 5) Concerning OS X, I don't have much information to give. I'm not a OS X
> user and I didn't really follow the history of the corresponding binaries. I
> know that Ben Abbott used to build and provides binaries, but I don't know
> what's the current status. You can find some information on the wiki [6].

Regarding a real Octave.app for OS X, there was a "framework" [1] by Thomas
Treichl for Octave 3.2 using Apple's Xcode.  This seems to be a superior way
to MacPorts-related binaries.  How about resurrecting Thomas' work?

Lukas

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/octave-forge/admin/MacOSX/