Re: closed loop control GSoC Design Question

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: closed loop control GSoC Design Question
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 19:32:52 -0400

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 6:37 PM, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 3:54 PM, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
On 10 June 2013 13:09, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:
>  Matheus got it to work but he said:
> "Anyway, I tried to use the uiXXX functions on Octave. Even though I could
> plot a function, the push buttons didn't appear on the screen. In my
> opinion, if these functions are too unstable, we should use pure Qt to build
> the GUI."

Is this with QtHandles or with fltk?

- Jordi G. H.

I am not sure what Mathious did, I will let him say what he did.

when I tried it I got:

>> graphics_toolkit qt
>> demo uimenu
uimenu example 1:
 clf;
 surfl (peaks);
 colormap (copper (64));
 shading ('interp');
 f = uimenu ('label', '&File', 'accelerator', 'f');
 e = uimenu ('label', '&Edit', 'accelerator', 'e');
 uimenu (f, 'label', 'Close', 'accelerator', 'q', 'callback', 'close (gcf)');
 uimenu (e, 'label', 'Toggle &Grid', 'accelerator', 'g', 'callback', 'grid (gca)');

uimenu example 1: failed
A(I,J,...): index to dimension 1 out of bounds; value 61 out of bound 1
>> diary off

and I got the surface drawn in a qt window but there were no menus that i can see.

What's actually failing is the call "surfl(peaks)". If you try that alone, you get:

octave-qt:1> surfl(peaks)
error: surfl: A(I,J,...): index to dimension 1 out of bounds; value 61 out of bound 1
error: called from:
error:   /opt/sw/octave-classdef/share/octave/3.7.5/m/plot/surfl.m at line 135, column 5

Michael.

I replaced the 3 line that were related to surfl with a one liner sombrero

I now get no errors but I still don't get any menu.

I do get a qt plot window but only the rotate   and   zoom controls work,
the zoom out does not work and the pointer does not work.

This was true also before i changed to sombrero.

Doug

--
DAS

https://linuxcounter.net/user/206392.html