Re: Workspace dialog on MacOS X

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Workspace dialog on MacOS X
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 07:15:26 +0000 (GMT)

On Jun 11, 2013, at 02:14 AM, Daniel J Sebald <address@hidden> wrote:

On 06/10/2013 03:33 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:
> On Jun 10, 2013, at 01:12 AM, Torsten <address@hidden> wrote:

>> between columns of the QGridLayout and so on. But things look pretty
>> good now. Why is the right edge being cut off of your settings
>> dialogs? In the Workspace image the right color boxes have a missing
>> edge. In the Editor Styles image you sent earlier the word
>> > "textcolor" is cut off.

>> or the QGroupBox (workspace_colors_box) extend beyond the window.
>> However, the red line indicating the right edge of the QVBoxLayout
>> appears to be one pixel to the right of the viewable area. Can you are
>> Torsten tweak the c++ code to shrink the column width?

>> being cut off. I'll take a look at that.
>> >
>> > Looking at the Editor Settings tab in Qt Designer, the QVBoxLayout is
>> > much wider than the dialog. That is easily fixed. A changeset is
>> > attached. I'll wait on confirmation before pushing.
>> >
>> > Ben
>> >

>> I don't have the time to have a closer look at the patches but they seem
>> to look okay. Please go ahead an push them, thanks.
>>
>> Torsten
>
> I've also pushed a changeset to prevent the color widget from extending
> beyond the right edge of the dialog.
>

> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/f71998dda3da

All these changes don't change much on my system. Looks good. Some
things to consider:

1) The line at the top of the Workspace tab isn't consistent with the
layout for, say, the Editor tab where there is no line. That line is
"Line 7" in the Qt Creator and could be deleted easily.

2) The "Terminal Colors" under Terminal tab has a bit too much spacing.
Maybe we should make the layout match that for "Storage Class Colors"
by using a 2 x 3 grid with the right most column having blank filler.

Dan

Done!

I left the 2x2 grid in place (no c++ changes), and modified the settings_dialog.ui to allow the vertical spacing to be determined automatically.  Take a look and let me know what you think.

Ben