bitcmp function error?

From: Andreas Corneliussen
Subject: bitcmp function error?
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 14:18:40 +0200

Hi

I've today used some time on debugging my vhdl system for errors, just to find out that the error were not in my VHDL code but in the testbench generated by an octave script.
I have found that the bitcmp.m function of release 3.6.2 installed from linux mint package system (think it is ubuntu repos'es) calculates the two's complement of a number simply as a bitwise not and not as it should be (bitwise not) +1.

I have corrected this on my own PC, but would like to inform you developers of the packages so that future users can be spared of the frustration of having to debug errors that are in the core octave system (which I think the majority of users, like me, assume is correct ;-)).

Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Andreas Corneliussen     Ektos A/S
Development Engineer       Farvervej 35
                                        DK-8800 Viborg

Mobile: +45 3135 0886