Re: closed loop control GSoC Design Question

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: closed loop control GSoC Design Question
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 08:31:34 -0400

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 8:06 AM, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:

Two  more design questions.

1)   Qthandles should be automatically compiled into octave so that uiXXX can be used by this project and other programs.  Who is going to get this working?

I don't think you should consider it as part of your student's project. It will be done eventually (I guess). Using the uiXXX makes your project theoretically independent of the underlying toolkit (though atm only QtHandles has decent support for them). But most importantly, what you should assess right now is whether the uiXXX functions are enough to implement what you want (by testing the critical functionalities that you want to use). Note also that the support for uiXXX functions in QtHandles is not 100% complete, so there will probably be bits missing, but I'm willing to give them a high priority to make your project successful (or if your student is willing to add them, that's fine for me too).

Michael.

Thank you  Michael.

 Yes I am trying out the functions that we need, I just have to try  getting the mouse position and movements and then I think we will be ready to decide.

I am making up a demo of all the functions that I am trying out. I will post it later.

Doug

--
DAS

https://linuxcounter.net/user/206392.html