Re: Building on MinGW using MXE-built dependencies [WAS: Re: mxe-install

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Building on MinGW using MXE-built dependencies [WAS: Re: mxe-installer try 2]
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 15:55:51 -0400

On 06/11/2013 03:43 PM, Philip Nienhuis wrote:
John W. Eaton wrote:
On 06/11/2013 02:51 PM, Philip Nienhuis wrote:

Here I didn't even get as far as you did. I installed mingw + above
dependencies, updated/upgraded, cloned mxe-octave.
The mxe build breaks while building gcc.

That's not currently expected to work. I've not been able to get gcc to
build for any native build setup. So you need to try with USE_SYSTEM_GCC
set to yes.

Stupid me, I could have seen that myself, didn't think of reading that
far into Makefile. Sorry.

Anyway, I changed USE_SYSTEM_GCC to "yes" but now ./mk-dist insists on
building gcc. How can I avoid that?

Philip

Are you sure it is actually building GCC? It will still unpack and run the build target, but if you look at gcc.mk, you'll see that when USE_SYSTEM_GCC is set to yes, it will only create a cmake configuration file, not actually build the compiler. Fixing the Makefile to avoid unpacking the gcc tar file when it won't be used is on my list but I haven't done it yet.