Re: Workspace dialog on MacOS X

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Workspace dialog on MacOS X
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 01:21:26 +0000 (GMT)

On Jun 11, 2013, at 02:54 PM, Daniel J Sebald <address@hidden> wrote:

On 06/11/2013 02:15 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:
> On Jun 11, 2013, at 02:14 AM, Daniel J Sebald <address@hidden>
[snip]
>> All these changes don't change much on my system. Looks good. Some
>> things to consider:
>>
>> 1) The line at the top of the Workspace tab isn't consistent with the
>> layout for, say, the Editor tab where there is no line. That line is
>> "Line 7" in the Qt Creator and could be deleted easily.
>>
>> 2) The "Terminal Colors" under Terminal tab has a bit too much spacing.
>> Maybe we should make the layout match that for "Storage Class Colors"
>> by using a 2 x 3 grid with the right most column having blank filler.
>>
>> Dan
> Done!
>

> I left the 2x2 grid in place (no c++ changes), and modified the
> settings_dialog.ui to allow the vertical spacing to be determined
> automatically. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Like it. I made some C++ changes... Torsten just reviewed. All set then.

On MacOS X, the c++ modifications changed the Terminal and Workspace tabs (see the attached png's). I fired up VBOX to see what Ubuntu 12 looked like, and discovered the results there are quite different than MacOS X.

To simplify maintaining consistency across tabs and platforms,would it be preferable to let Qt handle the vertical and horizontal spacing (i.e. backout the c++ changes and make any necessary modifications in Qt Designer).

Ben

terminal-tab.pngworkspace-tab.pngTerminal-tab-Ubuntu.pngWorkspace-tab-Ubuntu.png