Re: Workspace dialog on MacOS X

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Workspace dialog on MacOS X
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 00:44:36 -0500

On 06/11/2013 09:13 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:
On Jun 11, 2013, at 09:21 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
[snip]
To simplify maintaining consistency across tabs and platforms,would it
be preferable to let Qt handle the vertical and horizontal spacing
(i.e. backout the c++ changes and make any necessary modifications in
Qt Designer).

Ben

Take a look at the attached png's from Qt-Designer.
terminal-several-QGroupBox.png
workspace-several-QGroupBox.png
The Terminal tab now has four QGroupBox's and the Workspace tab has six.
Would it then be possible to fill each QGroupBox with a color_picker?

Yes, I'm sure that could be done. Are the QGroupBoxes labeled so that the C++ code has to reference those labels?

These sorts of things can go either way I suppose. When I did some UI dialog objects I thought about using Qt Designer to lay out the dialogs, but then changed my mind because the C++ code layout seemed easy enough.

The preview across all platforms looks fairly consistent, so I assume
this approach would resolve the inconsistencies across tabs and
platforms? But I don't know if the color_picker can be configured to
fill a QGroupBox?

It probably can be done somehow.

Dan