Re: Building on MinGW using MXE-built dependencies [WAS: Re: mxe-install

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Building on MinGW using MXE-built dependencies [WAS: Re: mxe-installer try 2]
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 22:56:50 +0200

John D wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Nienhuis [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 3:14 PM
To: John W. Eaton
<snip>
Just out of curiosity: why are postgres and libodbc required anyway?

I don't know that they are really needed. Are they? They were listed
as dependencies of qt when I created my fork of MXE. If they are not
needed, then we should drop the dependencies and stop trying to build
them.

When I built Qt4 4.7.2 for mingw-32 a year or so ago, postgres wasn't
required. But maybe things changed.
I suppose I could simply comment out the postgres&  libodbc stuff somewhere
(have to search for it) and see how far I get. Perhaps too easy, perhaps it
works.

---
Removing it as a dependency from src/qt.mk will make it not bother to try to
compile postgresql I think - qt.mk will require some other changes as well
anyway.

Indeed, I dropped postgresql, libodbc++ and freetds (and possibly sqlite can be dropped as well) from index.html and in the .mk files in src (grepping for those names) and qt now stops in configure, requesting a -platform option.

Right at this moment I'm trying to find out what to fill in there using google. I found an interesting thread on qt4 dependencies and configure options here:
  http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/23171
but that's as far as I could get tonight.

Maybe tomorrow I can pick up again.

Philip