RE: Vector Projection .m file

From: Erickson, David
Subject: RE: Vector Projection .m file
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 14:51:24 +0000

Hello;

Thanks for the feedback.  I offered it based on the licence agreement, not
based on relative value. Rules are rules.

As for your argument about the diminshed nature of certain mathematical
functions, I agree. I can almost hear your smug pompousness. Why not get rid of
acosh and atanh as well?  Given the fact no one uses those either....

Here are the facts: it's well written, well documented and small. Bigger
functions are built on smaller ones no matter how superior or inferior you
personally believe it's worth. Maybe you should read Eric Scott Raymond?   If
you don't want it, fine, I won't waste my time offering to help it's not my
job.

I'll interpret this as Octave is disinterested in code offered up that improves
the base despite the licence terms. So I won't worry about putting more useful
functions into good order.

Thanks,

Dave

D.R. Erickson
Defence Research and Development Canada Suffield | Recherche et développement
pour la défense Canada Suffield
Medicine Hat, AB, Canada T1A 8K6
address@hidden
Telephone |Téléphone 403-544-4048 / Facsimile | Télécopieur 403-544-4701