Re: Building on MinGW using MXE-built dependencies [WAS: Re: mxe-install

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Building on MinGW using MXE-built dependencies [WAS: Re: mxe-installer try 2]
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 19:45:55 +0200

John D wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Nienhuis [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 1:29 PM
To: John D
Cc: 'John W. Eaton'; address@hidden; 'Clemens Buchacher';
'Anirudha Bose'
Subject: Re: Building on MinGW using MXE-built dependencies [WAS: Re:
mxe-installer try 2]

John D wrote:

I think one can add a "-platform win32-g++" option to configure.exe
that
should (uhm, might) point to the proper mkspecs subdir.

I already have the platform option set, if I don't set it, it displays
the message about it needing to be set.

On make qt #16?, I think I have Qt compiling now - it looks like where
qt

You can add #17-23 from my side :-)

looks for the mkspec folder follows the -prefix option rather than
using the mkspec folder it uses in configure and (I assume?) will be
copied during the install.

The last make qt got to the point of linking QtCore4 and then failed
as it couldn't link in libpng, and looked like configure isn't setting
it to look in the correct place for it, so I've got it compiling again
I hope this time with settings to pull the libpath correctly.

Once you got Octave built completely using native MingW/MXE and have
documented it, we might continue hunting down and weeding out unneeded
dependencies. libodbc++/postgres/freetds and perhaps sqlite have already
been mentioned. During MXE cross-builds on Linux I saw several other package
names flashing by that made me wonder what purpose they would serve.

BTW last night in the qt.mk file I think I spotted a reference to unixodbc -
but it may be implicitly unselected during configure stage so it may do no
harm.

P.
----

I am running a modified qt.mk file at least for the native mingw build which
has removed the sql stuff
  if I get it working, and it doesn't break anything on the cross compile, I
will check it in.

Right, then I'll try to weed out at least the sql stuff in the Linux cross-build of MXE. I'll probably get to that tomorrow night.

P.