Re: Moving to Octave Forge to mercurial

From: Pascal Dupuis
Subject: Re: Moving to Octave Forge to mercurial
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 22:19:21 +0200

Carnë,
I manage my developments under svn, and f.i. made the "dataframe" package an external reference. Each time I perform some small change, updating on many machines is simple and convenient. Moreover, I store the svn archive on my dropbox. So, wherever I am, I do a 'svn commit', the svn archive is modified and propagated in a few seconds, and on my other machines it is just a matter of doing a 'svn update' to have changes propagated.

If you are going to switch to Mercurial:
- will the revision history be kept ?
- can I maintain a link inside a svn repo to an Mercurial repo ?
- If the answer is no, do Mercurial have this mechanism of external repo inside some main repo ?
- if yes, how to switch my own files from svn to Mercurial and keep the history ? Will dropbox and Mercurial work together ?

Regards

Pascal