Re: Building on MinGW : Qt

From: John Donoghue
Subject: Re: Building on MinGW : Qt
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 18:25:01 -0400

On 06/13/2013 05:08 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
On 06/13/2013 05:01 PM, John D wrote:
Well, Qt compiled ok - then failed on the install as it tried to install
itself on top of itself.
The issue I believe is to do with the -prefix option.

Specifying it causes qt to look for mkspecs etc where the prefix is set to. Without it, running make install uses its src directory as the destination.

I guess I will try copying up mkspec dir to the prefix folder first and the
compile.
I tried looking for something that overrides where it looks for the mkspecs,
but haven't found anything.

Could you post a preliminary set of diffs so I could also take a look at it? I'm also just curious to see what changes you have needed to make.

Thanks,

jwe

Will do - trying one more go around first