Re: Moving to Octave Forge to mercurial

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Moving to Octave Forge to mercurial
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 17:11:07 +0100

On 14 June 2013 07:33, Olaf Till <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 08:02:50PM +0100, Carnë Draug wrote:
>> On 13 June 2013 19:47, Nir Krakauer <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > It seems like the burden of access control would be much greater if
>> > each package was in its own repository, especially for the packages
>> > that don't have active maintainers who can manage the access control.
>>
>> That's not an issue. I do not want to set different commit access to
>> each repo, I wish to keep what we have now where everyone can
>> contribute to all packages. There is only a single list of
>> contributors. For those who have not noticed, we have the main
>> octave-forge package and 3 mercurial repos already. Everyone has
>> commit access to all of them.
>
> So the infrastructure for the permissions is surely already available
> for the planned new repository, before the move?

Yes. It will requires no change. Basically everyone on the list of
developers gets commit access to all octave forge repositories which
at the moment is 1 subversion and 3 mercurial repositories. I will
simply start removing directories from the subversion repository and
create individual mercurial repos. They will be listed at
http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/_list/hg

Carnë