RE: Building on MinGW : Qt

From: John D
Subject: RE: Building on MinGW : Qt
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 16:19:43 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: John Donoghue [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 10:59 PM
To: John W. Eaton
Cc: 'Philip Nienhuis'; address@hidden; 'Clemens Buchacher';
'Anirudha Bose'

On 06/13/2013 05:08 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 06/13/2013 05:01 PM, John D wrote:
>> Well, Qt compiled ok - then failed on the install as it tried to
>> install itself on top of itself.
>> The issue I believe is to do with the -prefix option.
>>
>> Specifying it causes qt to look for mkspecs etc where the prefix is
>> set to.
>> Without it, running make install uses its src directory as the
>> destination.
>>
>> I guess I will try copying up mkspec dir to the prefix folder first
>> and the compile.
>> I tried looking for something that overrides where it looks for the
>> mkspecs, but haven't found anything.
>
> Could you post a preliminary set of diffs so I could also take a look
> at it?  I'm also just curious to see what changes you have needed to
> make.
>
> Thanks,
>
> jwe

I have a patch I will push that 'manually' copies the QT .pc files in a
native ming build of Qt, as well as fixes the paths in them - I will push
that up my tonight.
The issue with the not installing part of the .pc  files seems to be that it
is mixing between windows and unix path naming and getting confused.

Anyway, with this fix, octave detects QT and QScintilla and compiles into a
GUI enabled application :)