Re: bzr for Octave

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: bzr for Octave
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 17:00:15 +0200

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 03:29:17PM -0500, Daniel J Sebald wrote:
> Savannah could also use a better search engine.  We're supposed to
> search for any bug reports similar to what we find before submitting
> a new one, but a search--as far as I know--doesn't seem limited to
> Octave.  Instead, it is every project in all of Savannah.

The problem with Savannah is that its user interface and design decision
seems to be coming directly from Redmond in an attempt to actively harm
every free software project using it.

If you want to search for a bug in Octave (and -forge packages), go to
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/octave/
and look for "Bugs" or something in the row of links right at the
top[1]. If you mouse over this point, there should be a point "Search"
or something at the end of the appearing list, which brings you to
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=search&group=octave

This form lets you search in Octave bugs only.

[1] I cannot give you the correct name in English as Savannah gives me
the German translation, with no possibility to easily override it - just
another of its deficiencies.

        Thomas