Re: Building on MinGW : Qt

From: John Donoghue
Subject: Re: Building on MinGW : Qt
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 19:09:21 -0400

On 06/15/2013 06:44 PM, Philip Nienhuis wrote:
John D wrote:
<snip>

Sometime this weekend I will probably do another clean build (from nothing,
installing mingw, packages etc to a compiled octave)
I guess I should add the mingw installed packages as requirements to
index.html in mxe-octave the same as had been done for fedora and others?

A few moments ago I completed cross-builds on Linux.

1. src/native-gcc.mk had to be patched to fix building native-binutils. Patch attached.

2. Next I've dropped the sql stuff (freetds, libodbc++, postgresql, sqlite) and tested the cross-compiled octave on win-xp. Works OK AFAICS.
Patch attached as well, first apply the src/native-gcc one.
(Note: I made this cs by manually editing out the src/native-gcc fix)

Maybe I have more time this weekend to find other unneeded dependencies, but a quick glance at the list scrolling by during the cross build didn't show obvious candidates.

Philip
works for me!