Re: cleaning list of octave forge developers

From: Júlio Hoffimann
Subject: Re: cleaning list of octave forge developers
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 08:58:35 -0300

Done.

Thanks Carnë!

Cleaning up things should be a priority, specially regarding Octave-Forge.

So, all packages will now have their own repositories? This would implicitly solve the issue with unmaintained code and poor contributions.

We should provide the infrastructure (a hosting website) much like other languages do, and then people would upload their libraries accordingly. I've started to think the separation Octave-Forge != Agora doesn't make sense at all.

Having two places for hosting Octave libraries is... More complex ==> Less attractive ==> Won't work.

The difference Octave-Forge vs. Agora is difficult to grasp even for us involved with the codebase, imagine how difficult it is for ordinary users.

What are the current plans for Agora? I know there is a GSOC student taking care of it?

Best,
Júlio.