Re: Building on MinGW

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Building on MinGW
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 07:23:58 -0700

On 06/17/2013 05:06 AM, John D wrote:

I diffed the oct-gperf.h from the mxe-build to the one generated from trying
to compile the hg sources and they look the same with the exception of some
#line filename lines, which hve a different path for the file name from your
machine vs mine.

One thing I saw in configure, which I also saw in the mxe-build was a
warning about bison:

configure:7886: checking for bison
configure:7902: found /home/jdonoghue/mxe-octave/usr/bin/bison
configure:7913: result: bison -y
configure:7927: checking syntax of bison push/pull declaration
configure:7971: result:
configure:7987: WARNING:

I wasn't able to find a suitable style for declaring a push-pull
parser in a bison input file so I'm disabling bison.

configure:8005: WARNING:

I didn't find bison, but it's only a problem if you need to
reconstruct parse.cc, which is the case if you're building from VCS
sources.

Oops, sorry. I think it is oct-parse.h that was not generated properly. It should contain the definitions for the token values (CASE, DO, FOR, etc.).