Re: blog update #2

From: c.
Subject: Re: blog update #2
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 13:37:32 +0200

On 18 Jun 2013, at 13:23, Marco Vassallo <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have a question about the (p,e,t) format, which seems to have a little
> differences between the
> 2D and the 3D case for the "e" matrix:
>
> 2D: information about the number of the border is stored in the 5th row on
> 7.[1]
> 3D: the same information is stored in the last row.[2]
>
> Is this right ?

it really seems so from the documentation …
but indeed this looks inconsistent, to double check you could look at the
source code of

bim3c_unknowns_on_faces

and

bim2c_unknowns_on_side

which sure work correctly to see whether it is a documentation bug.
Anyway the data structures was modeled by compatibility with pdetool
and ancient versions of comsol multyphisics, keeping this compatibility
does not make too much sense anymore so if there is a good reason the formats
may be changed.

c.