RE: blog update #2

From: Marco Vassallo
Subject: RE: blog update #2
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:09:33 +0200

> Subject: Re: blog update #2
> From: address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 13:32:23 +0200
> CC: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
>

> On 18 Jun 2013, at 13:23, Marco Vassallo <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I'm sorry if I were unclear.
>
> Marco,
>
> Actually I am not sure whether it's you being unclear or rather just a basic problem with my
> understanding of the dolfin formats, i have not found complete documentation for the
> boundary markers in the dolfin files so most of my ideas are based on conjectures, and may
> tehrefore be erroneous.
>
> For this reason to put in writing what you know and/or think about the exact meaning of the fields
> in the dolfin files might really be useful as starting point for discussion.
>
> c.

Hi,

in my opinion the problem is that Fenics is quite big and we can do things in several different ways.
There are a lot of discussions where one can pick ideas as you showed to me, but things change quickly and the documentation is not always up to date.
I will summarize my ideas in a blog post as soon as things will be a little bit clearer.
At the moment, thanks to the advice that you gave me in a previous mail I think that we have solved the main issues for mshm_dolfin_read while I still need to understand better things that for mshm_dolfin_write.

Marco