Re: octclip and geometry package

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: octclip and geometry package
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 10:03:38 +0200

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 5:01 AM, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi José
>
> the geometry package has included a copy of the whole octclip package
> on itself. Are you interested on merging the two packages into a
> single geometry package, or do you wish to keep it a separate and have
> geometry depend on octclip?

They have been already merged, like a year ago. octclip at the moment
is a subpackage of geometry. If José has plans to extend it further
one can consider to put it as an external package, but as far as I
remember the idea was to provide polygon clipping and that's it.
As far as svn log is telling me, José's updates on 2012-10 are in the
subpackages and the subpackage has a bug correction reported by Rafael
therefore the independet octclip package seems outdated.

> Also, we are moving all of Octave forge to individual mercurial repos.
> I noticed that you already have one in bitbucket. When you created it,
> you didn't convert the old history. If you are interested, I could get
> you a mercurial repo with all of the old history until the point they
> diverge. I'm guessing it should be possible to graft your new history
> on it.
I guess this is only for José.