Re: octclip and geometry package

From: José Luis García Pallero
Subject: Re: octclip and geometry package
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 12:52:35 +0200

2013/6/20 Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden>
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 5:01 AM, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi José
>
> the geometry package has included a copy of the whole octclip package
> on itself. Are you interested on merging the two packages into a
> single geometry package, or do you wish to keep it a separate and have
> geometry depend on octclip?

They have been already merged, like a year ago. octclip at the moment
is a subpackage of geometry. If José has plans to extend it further
one can consider to put it as an external package, but as far as I
remember the idea was to provide polygon clipping and that's it.
As far as svn log is telling me, José's updates on 2012-10 are in the
subpackages and the subpackage has a bug correction reported by Rafael
therefore the independet octclip package seems outdated.

Hello:

I would prefer to maintain the OctCLIP package as an independent one. I have no plans to extend it but maintaining as independent is easier for me to do support. It could be marked the octclip as recommended when geometry is installed

> Also, we are moving all of Octave forge to individual mercurial repos.
> I noticed that you already have one in bitbucket. When you created it,
> you didn't convert the old history. If you are interested, I could get
> you a mercurial repo with all of the old history until the point they
> diverge. I'm guessing it should be possible to graft your new history
> on it.
I guess this is only for José.

Yes, the main development was done using the mercurial bitbucket repo. In this repository is all the history, from its creation in may 2005

Cheers

> Carnë

José Luis García Pallero
address@hidden