Re: octclip and geometry package

From: José Luis García Pallero
Subject: Re: octclip and geometry package
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 13:45:29 +0200

2013/6/20 Carnë Draug <address@hidden>
On 20 June 2013 11:52, José Luis García Pallero <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2013/6/20 Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden>
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 5:01 AM, Carnë Draug <address@hidden>
>> > Also, we are moving all of Octave forge to individual mercurial repos.
>> > I noticed that you already have one in bitbucket. When you created it,
>> > you didn't convert the old history. If you are interested, I could get
>> > you a mercurial repo with all of the old history until the point they
>> > diverge. I'm guessing it should be possible to graft your new history
>> > on it.
>
> Yes, the main development was done using the mercurial bitbucket repo. In
> this repository is all the history, from its creation in may 2005

The first commit of that repo is May 2011. I noticed the date 2005 on
the source code and assumed that there was history before that. I just
noticed that the SVN repository also starts on 2011. I will remove the
directory main/octclip in the svn repository and upload a clone of
your mercurial repo. Is that ok?

OK, I agree.

I've seen some files dated on 2009, but not in 2005. When I wrote the OctCLIP I used some code that I had written a couple of years ago, but OctCLIP itself dates from may 2011.

On 20 June 2013 12:01, José Luis García Pallero <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2013/6/20 Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden>
>> As far as svn log is telling me, José's updates on 2012-10 are in the
>> subpackages and the subpackage has a bug correction reported by Rafael
>> therefore the independet octclip package seems outdated.
>
> What is the bug reported? I have no notice about

Because geometry copied the code from octclip the bug was only
reported to the geometry package and only fixed there.

I think Juan's referring to r11273[1] I'm not sure if it's needed in
octclip or if it was caused by the way geometry handles it's multiple
subpackages organization. One other commit (r11638) changes the same
Makefile.

This issues are related only with the geometry package and not affects to the OctCLIP in bitbucket

Carnë

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/code/11273
[2] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/code/11638

José Luis García Pallero