Re: sql files in mxe

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: sql files in mxe
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 12:50:36 +0200

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 06/22/2013 10:37 PM, Philip Nienhuis wrote:
John,

A few days ago John D pushed my patches to mxe repository to drop
freetds/libodbc/postgres/sqlite. These packages aren't needed for the
MXE build.

I just saw that .mk files and patch files related to those dropped
packages are reintroduced in file dist-files.mk in changeset
3074:8a83cca97a8c
Is that intentional?

No. I made the later changes to include some new files that Michael
Goffioul added in the lists in dist-files.mk. Instead of trying to find
exactly which files he added, I just put all the files in the src
directory back in the lists. To avoid confusion in the future, maybe we
should also delete the removed files from the hg archive?

Sorry, I'm not sure I fully understand (which removed files you refer to).

In changeset 3059:59401c8d25f8 the relevant .mk files & patch files were dropped, and references removed from qt.mk. However John D didn't push all of my original patch (which is here: https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?8080, file https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/download.php?file_id=28326); he left out the patches to vtk and wt (which don't seem to be needed for Octave either). But I now see that my sql-related patches to index.html were left out as well.

Anyway, if you can outline what needs to be done I can prepare a changeset.

Philip