Re: GSoC project about binary packaging

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: GSoC project about binary packaging
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 11:14:16 -0700 (PDT)

Michael Goffioul wrote
> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 3:29 AM, Anirudha Bose <

> ani07nov@

> > wrote:
>
>> Sorry for being out of contact for a few days. I read your detailed
>> proposal and now I will be able to work according to the ideas you have
>> proposed. I am a little behind schedule so I will focus on the first
>> coding
>> session goals, as of now. I will blog about the new goals of this project
>> once I have got a clear idea of the deliverables.
>>

> You goal for this week is to get octave builds in native and cross MinGW,
> with all features enabled (LLVM/JIT, OpenBLAS, Java, GUI...). Those builds
> should pass the test suite (bar the expected failures under MinGW). If
> there are things not working in MXE, you'll have to fix them along the
> way.
> Hopefully, it'll go smoothly and you can then start looking at the
> installer script before the end of the week.

I'll attach my write-up for compiling on Windows natively here. Not to help
Anirudha Bose with cheating, but hopefully it'll help speed things up. (The
spirit of OSS it to build on top of other people's work after all.)

MXE-octave_buildinstr.txt
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4654744/MXE-octave_buildinstr.txt>

Good luck,

Philip