Re: Implementing lineheight

From: Andrej Lojdl
Subject: Re: Implementing lineheight
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 23:36:50 +0200

Good. I think you learned something along the way and this helped you get a little bit into octave's code (as that was the goal). Please turn your exercise into a proper changeset [1] and maybe post it into the patch tracker on savannah?

Michael.

[1] One way to do it is to use mercurial mq extension. Then you can create the changeset with "hg qnew lineheight-property -e" (and enter a proper commit message)
It took a while, until I did this. Because I don't have much experience, but I learned a lot. Now I have much better sense of how this part of Octave works. Exercise is turned into proper changeset as you suggested. Now I have to commit? When posting patch to patch tracker, we are attaching file in octave-clone > .hg > patch > file_name (in my case line-height)? I just don't want to make some mistake.

--
Andrej