Re: New recruit!

From: Pascal Dupuis
Subject: Re: New recruit!
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 19:35:47 +0200

The challenge may not be where you expect it. For instance, Matlab
Central has an "mptoolbox" entry. It defines a new class, and
interface to GNU MPL using mex files. I just tried it, it is sort of
working. License is BSD, can we use it as a starting point ? Can we
relicense it under GNU GPL ?

If you want to interfere with fortran libs, the challenge is the data
type. Either you use quadruple precision (it will be better but still
limited), either you use the same approach as in MPACK, i.e. define a
new fortran type. Once the choice is made, what comes next with
respect to BLAS and LAPACK ? Rewrite everything ? Touch everything ?
Provide some wrapper ? The real issue in my opinion is that you can't
just re-use fortran code, saying 'I want this algorithm to work on
another data type'.

Regards

Pascal