using object in for loop range

From: CdeMills
Subject: using object in for loop range
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 13:52:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

the original author of mptoolbox, a multiple precision class built over GNU
MPL, sent me the latest version of his code. Only small changes where
required it to have it working under Octave.

Now I'm trying to play with it, and I tried f.i.

x=hilb(mp(10))

Inside hilb, the input argument is used inside a for loop. Using the
previous line, I get
"error: invalid type in for loop expression near line ..."

Context: octave-3.6.4 under Fedora 18 over a PC.

I suppose only basic types can be used as range inside for loops. Is there
some method to implement inside the class, which is called when some object
is evaluated in the context of the range computation of a for loop ? Or is
there no way, up to now, to use an object in this context ?

Regards

Pascal