Re: Commit message guidelines

From: Catalin Codreanu
Subject: Re: Commit message guidelines
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 15:49:21 +0200

2013/6/27 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
On 27 June 2013 09:31, Catalin Codreanu <address@hidden> wrote:
> Also, I wanted to point out that in some messages filenames are enclosed in
> ' ... ', or " ... " while in others they are not. Should we standardize this

I'm not sure what you mean. Where are you seeing this? Look at "hg log
-v" for examples of the commit messages we would like.

- Jordi G. H.

For example, in "file_editor_tab",
there is this message : Could not open file %1 for write:\n%2.

and also this message : It seems that '%1' has been modified by another application. Do you want to reload it?

The %1 is a placeholder for the file name which is not enclosed in apostrophes in the first case.

Best,
Cat