Re: creating an entry for mptoolbox on octave-forge

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: creating an entry for mptoolbox on octave-forge
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 19:18:07 +0200

On 27 June 2013 10:08, CdeMills <address@hidden> wrote:
> would it be possible to create a new directory "mptoolbox" on octave-forge,
> in the "extra" section ? The aim is to populate it with the actual content
> of this toolbox, be able to share it, and polish some rough edges to make it
> useable as an Octave-Forge package.

As Carlo has already said, we are no longer starting more packages in
the SVN repository. Instead, we have individual mercurial repos[1] for
each package. I can create you one, no problems. But first:

1) I noticed that mptoolbox already has a sourceforge project[2]. If
he has a repository, I could import it so you can keep the whole
history rather than starting from a commit that simple adds all the
files. But if he has a repository he doesn't have it public yet
thought.

2) during OctConf this last couple of days, one of the things I
suggested about porting packages to Octave, was that changes should be
sent upstream so that their code works well in both Octave in Matlab.
Then, rather than maintaining a port of the code with the files moved
around to match the Octave package style, to maintain a clone of his
repository, plus a script that moves the files from an upstream
release into the correct structure.

These are suggestions. I will create a mercurial repository named
mptoolbox if you so want.

Carnë

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/_list/hg
[2] https://sourceforge.net/projects/mptoolbox