Re: GSoC project - LaTeX/TeX

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: GSoC project - LaTeX/TeX
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 01:07:57 +0000 (GMT)

On Jun 27, 2013, at 05:53 PM, Andrej Lojdl <address@hidden> wrote:

For converting we can use many different programs proposed by Ben. And I want to thank him for his help. But more or less they are
same as this combination. If some of them have any new functionality, it needs additional dependencies. I will mention them here if
accidentally missed a good functionality.
- textogif       [http://www.fourmilab.ch/webtools/textogif/]
- tex2im        [http://www.nought.de/tex2im.html]
- tex2image   [http://dean.serenevy.net/code/projects/tex2image]

My understanding is that all of these work in a similar manner to your solution.

  latex default.tex
  dvips default.dvi -o -E default.eps
  convert +adjoin -antialias -transparent $transparentcolor -density $resolution [...] default.eps default.png

Convert includes many options that are either needed or are useful for full Matlab compatibility.

  -border geometry     surround image with a border of color
  -bordercolor color   border color
  -background color    background color
  -transparent-color color
  -density geometry    horizontal and vertical density of the image

Ghostscript provides for dual resolution (-rnumber1xnumber2), and its pngalpha driver allows the background color to be specified, but I don't think it can handle the border color, linewidth, etc.

Ben