Re: Addition of ITSOL to MXE.

From: marco atzeri
Subject: Re: Addition of ITSOL to MXE.
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 08:10:34 +0200

Il 6/29/2013 6:12 AM, c. ha scritto:

On 29 Jun 2013, at 01:24, Kai Torben Ohlhus <address@hidden> wrote:

I like your package. The resulting shared and static libraries from your modified ITSOL seem to be
working for Ubuntu, too. I replaced my system libraries with those from ".libs" without
noticing any changes in using ITSOL. Would you recommend me to use your ITSOL-package in general or
do you have any Cygwin specific options in it? I didn't make use of "make install".
According to your mail, it doesn't copy the files to my FS as the old debian packages did. Can you
modify this setting?

Kai

Marco, Kai,

We don't want to be maintaining a separate version of the
ITSOL distribution, so, before going too far in patching ITSOL
I think it is worth discussing your changes with the upstream
maintainers so that they are aware of what is going on and can
consider making the changes in their package directly.

Hi Carlo
That was the idea. I was just on early test phase before submitting
to upstream.
Usually if it works on cygwin, it works on every platform;
but a bit of testing is needed any way as I could have missed
some details.

Most of the autoconf/automake structure is taken from arpack-ng
and adapted to itsol.

Ruipeng,

It seems that the ITSOL bulding and linking process needs to
be changed a little bit to improve portability, in particular
(but not only) to windows systems. Would you mind considering
to include those changes in your distribution of ITSOL?

the full patch and source test package are here
http://matzeri.altervista.org/works/itsol/

The source change is minimal, I used Kai's one, and only due to
double function declarations that prevent building a shared lib.
A upstream review is needed for possible alternative implementation.

The full patch is large as autoconf/automake structure includes
the m4 macro for detecting blas and lapack on several platforms.
I also renamed some comments files that are not more fully applicable
like README_INSTALL to README_INSTALL.orig.

c.

Regards
Marco Atzeri

Volunteer Cygwin packager for
  Octave, Lapack, Arpack, FFTW, Qhull, glpk, Suitesparse ....