Re: FEM pkg and classes

From: c.
Subject: Re: FEM pkg and classes
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 11:37:06 +0200

On 28 Jun 2013, at 16:41, Marco Vassallo <address@hidden> wrote:

> What it is not clear to me, among other things, is if it is better to create
> a class for every different type or if it is better to create a unique class
> with all the variables that we need.

Marco,
I'm not sure I understand what you exactly mean by "one unique class", and how
you would expect that
to be created.

Anyway I think you should try to replicate as closely as possible the dolfin
C++/python interface so that
we can take advantage of the existing documentation.

AFAICT in C++/python dolfin has a well defined set of classes that are used for
all sorts of problems
and include:

1) Mesh
2) FunctionSpace
3) BilinearForm
4) LinearForm

there are also Matrix and Vector classes but we don't need to replicate those.

I suggest you define wrappers for each of these classes by constructing
derivative classes that
inherit from them and octave_base_value.

c.