Re: Using FreedomSponsors or Bountysource for Octave

From: tonylampada
Subject: Re: Using FreedomSponsors or Bountysource for Octave
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 14:34:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,
I'm Tony, founder of FreedomSponsors.

It's great to see that you're considering using FS for your project.
I'd like to take a minute to point out what makes us different.

* We're strongly aligned with the principles of software freedom.
Not only our source code (frontend and backend) is open (on Github), but all
we do is out in open.
You can even check the stats page to see how FS is growing -
http://www.freedomsponsors.org/core/stats/
We're very open to user feedback and try to be constantly improving based on
it - Our current priority is making improvements to design and usability.

* We eat our own dogfood - some of our own issues have been sponsored on the
website :-)

* We don't hold anyone else's money on escrow. Payments are made directly to
developers who complete an issue.
FS works only as an *information* hub.

* We're very chep for sponsors (3% on top of offers)

* We're based on Brazil. If you ever come visit, Caipirinhas are on us ;-)

If you have any questions, please check out the FAQ -
http://blog.freedomsponsors.org/faq/
or drop us a feedback item on - http://www.freedomsponsors.org/core/feedback
or email me directly at tonylampada at gmail.com
or find me on skype: tonylampada

If there's anything I can do to help Octave get onboard with FS, just let me
know. It'll be awesome to have you!

Thanks!
Tony Lâmpada