Re: Using FreedomSponsors or Bountysource for Octave

From: Tony França
Subject: Re: Using FreedomSponsors or Bountysource for Octave
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 11:07:17 -0300

Hello @cdf,

It's great that you decided to join FS! Thank you.

> I remember Jordi had offered to do this for $5K but I couldn't find where to add this minimum price tag …

FS model still doesn't support that (although it will soon).
In the meantime, you can do what this guy did:
http://www.freedomsponsors.org/core/issue/78/add-other-samplers-that-properly-reduce-downsample-and-warp-images

He proposed the issue, then he added a big comment(*) explaining what he intended to do.
What were the steps involded, with a price tag for each step.
Then he marketed it out by blogging, social networking, etc.
Of course, we try to help by propagating it as we can too.

(*) Note: Here's an example of the kind of formatting that can be used for comments:
http://www.freedomsponsors.org/core/issue/1/allow-formatting-controls-on-comment-boxes

Please let me know, if I can help with anything.
Welcome onboard!

Tony Lâmpada

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 4:22 AM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

On 29 Jun 2013, at 23:34, tonylampada <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I'm Tony, founder of FreedomSponsors.
>
> It's great to see that you're considering using FS for your project.
> I'd like to take a minute to point out what makes us different.

OK, I registered Octave-Forge as a new project on your site and proposed the issue
this thread was initially about:
http://www.freedomsponsors.org/core/issue/289/gnu-octave-rewrite-the-symbolic-package

I remember Jordi had offered to do this for $5K but I couldn't find where to add this minimum price tag …

Let's hope this works out.
c.