Re: MXE Octave: Cannot find Ghostscript

From: Anirudha Bose
Subject: Re: MXE Octave: Cannot find Ghostscript
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 20:40:02 +0530

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 7:32 PM, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 4:12 AM, Anirudha Bose <address@hidden> wrote:
I am natively compiling mxe-octave during which the package pstoedit failed to build because of the following error.

checking for gs... no
configure: error: ** Cannot find ghostscript. If it is already installed, Check PATH.
make[1]: *** [build-only-pstoedit] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ani/mxe-octave'

As a matter of fact, I have Ghostscript installed in the path C:\gs\gs9.07\
I have also added the path C:\gs\gs9.07\bin to the Path environment variable. I am unable to figure out why Ghostscript is not found by pstoedit (entering gswin32 in the shell opens Ghostscript, so my environment variable settings are correct). I also added another variable GS with the same path but it didn't work. What am I doing wrong?

If the pstoedit configure script is looking for "gs" executable, then it's normal it's failing. Under Windows, the executable is called gswin32 or gswin32c. If this is not fixed upstream in some newer version of pstoedit, then we'll have to patch pstoedit to handle the Windows case properly.

Renaming the file gswin32.exe to gs.exe also achieves the same thing.

Michael.