pretty print in Octave

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: pretty print in Octave
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 19:43:09 +0100

Hi

I'm at the moment in need of some code to pretty print some tables to
Octave prompt, something like what `pkg list` is currently doing.
`whos' also prints a nice table but a different one and maybe there's
other examples but I can't think of one right now. I'm not aware of
any function to make such tables, and seems like Matlab doesn't have
one.

Would you guys think a general purpose pretty print function would be
useful? And if so, anyone has any tips on what would be a good API
example to follow?

Carnë