Re: [octave:package-releases] #43 msh-1.0.7

From: c.
Subject: Re: [octave:package-releases] #43 msh-1.0.7
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 19:04:32 +0200

On 5 Jul 2013, at 18:02, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:

> If Debian distributed a build of Octave without GraphicsMagick, I
> would call it a half-working binary.

Because you are obviously a bit biased towards image processing ;)
Until las year I wouldn't care at all if that feature were missing (now I care
too, as you know),
So I would have been really disappointed if they would say :
"sorry, we are a not able to support GraphicsMagick, Octave depends on
GraphicsMagick
 therefore we won't package Octave"
And I would not say that withouth it Octave is "half working" because half =
1/2 = 0.5 = 50%
and image processing is much less than 50% of what Octave can do.

c.