FreedomSponsors for regexp?

From: Rik
Subject: FreedomSponsors for regexp?
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2013 14:28:51 -0700

7/7/13

All,

I've been working on reforming Octave's regexp code and have found that in
fact we are quite different from Matlab, despite both relying on PCRE
underneath.  What I thought would be a few days work I now see to be closer
to a few weeks work.  Is this something that would be a worthwhile project
for FreedomSponsors?

Is there any sort of central organization for this from the Octave side, or
should individual programmers just go ahead and post bounties to
FreedomSponsors?

--Rik