RE: default constructor and class

From: Marco Vassallo
Subject: RE: default constructor and class
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 22:07:00 +0200

> To be honest, it's hard to help without more concrete information. But
> if class A does not provide a public/protected constructor, maybe it
> provides another constructor that accepts argument. If it does not,
> then it means class A was not intended to be used directly and you're
> misusing it.

Class A provides other constructors, but as the default constructor is needed
only for the
Octave functions

DEFINE_OCTAVE_ALLOCATOR (myclass);
DEFINE_OV_TYPEID_FUNCTIONS_AND_DATA (myclass, "myclass", "myclass");

I was looking for a solution which avoid to call this functions but still
allows me to register
myclass in the octave interpreter.

Here is the header file [1]
and here [2] is how I implemented the class right now.

[1]
http://fenicsproject.org/documentation/dolfin/1.2.0/cpp/programmers-reference/function/FunctionSpace.html#FunctionSpace
[2]
http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/fem-fenics/ci/default/tree/src/functionspace.h