GUI Keyboard Shortcuts (was: Re: Release Plans)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: GUI Keyboard Shortcuts (was: Re: Release Plans)
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 09:59:15 -0400

On 07/08/2013 04:39 PM, Torsten wrote:

I have updated the patch at

https://bitbucket.org/ttl/octave-ttl/commits/65abeb13f72691bebe661776cded063456fccf17/

for further testing. C-p should work now as readline command in the
terminal and as shortcut in the editor. Of course other shortcuts would
have to be added if we decide to use this mechanism.

Please go ahead and commit this change as it is progress.

A bigger problem is how to properly handle C-c as an interrupt signal. That does not seem to be working for me in my Debian build. And most Windows users who come to Octave from Matlab will expect C-c to copy the active selection to the clipboard (if some text in the terminal window has been selected) or interrupt (if no text has been selected). I don't know how to make those things work properly with the current terminal widget(s).