Re: GSoC project about binary packaging

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: GSoC project about binary packaging
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 12:16:16 -0400

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Patrick Noffke <address@hidden> wrote:
I tried adding UI elements as described here:
http://wix.tramontana.co.hu/tutorial/user-interface

It seems msitools does not support the WixUI user interface library.
This is apparently derived from the MSI SDK.  The download link on the
above page takes you to an installer for the Platform SDK.  I'm trying
to install that now to see if I can find what they're referring to,
and to see if it would be possible to use this in msitools.

Hmmm, I don't like the sound of that. You can't expect people to install Platform SDK to do a MinGW build/installer, moreover when cross-compiling I'm not even sure you would be able to install it (without accepting some license agreement...?)

Michael.