Re: Cleaning up @deftypefn classes in documentation

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Cleaning up @deftypefn classes in documentation
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 10:41:51 -0700

On 07/11/2013 10:13 AM, Carnë Draug wrote:
> On 10 July 2013 18:49, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
>> 7/10/13
>>
>> In intro.txi we outline the different possible values for the first field
>> of the @deftypefn macro.  They are:
>>
>> Function File
>> Built-in Function
>> Loadable Function
>> Mapping Function
>> Command
>> Built-in Variable
> What is the impact of choosing the right value? For a long time we had
> (and probably still have in some) the wrong value in some Octave Forge
> functions. I never noticed any difference in changing this.
It doesn't impact Texinfo.  The string is a free parameter and we can use
whatever we want including "Hello World".  However, it seems like we should
use relevant, descriptive values to help readers of the documentation.
Since we don't actually have "Built-in Variables" it seems rather confusing
to refer to them.

--Rik