Floating widgets on windows and non windows systems

From: Torsten
Subject: Floating widgets on windows and non windows systems
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 13:11:33 +0200

Bug #38785 was about floating widgets that are always on top of the main
window in windows. The bugfix has the drawback that a floating widget is
not re-docked to its previous position (at least I did not find a way to
do this) and widgets can not be dragged into a floating state.

I have attached a patch that provides the old behavior for *ix-systems
using some #ifdefs (not yet tested on windows). Whereas the old behavior
is more convenient, I am not sure if it is a good idea to maintain two
different concepts in the future and would like to get some opinions
about that.

Torsten